Sunday, December 30, 2007

Carlysle's First Real Words

This is some video of Carlysle saying real words. She has started saying "Ball" alot. Everything round is a ball. I just agree with her right now when she points to an orange and says "ball" because I like to hear her say it. I figured I've got plenty of time to start specifying which round things actually are balls. So I don't forget I'm going to log the other things/words she says. I want to look back and remember what she was doing at certain ages.

Right now her only real words are ball, dog, Daddy, Riggs, duck, cheese, and cracker which she actually pronounces cougar but hey I know what she's saying (because she points at it). It still counts even though if a stranger heard her they would think she was asking for a large cat. Occasionally she'll say green and yellow when I point to them on her musical table. I know you're wondering about Mommy. Again I know when she wants me because she says "Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma" and for her Mimi she says, "Mi, Mi, Mi, Mi".

She knows lots of animal sounds as well, which seemed a lot cooler until I wrote it. Now I'm thinking why do we Moms always teach them animal sounds? Shouldn't they be learning words? I think it's because a long time ago some Mom said, "Billy, what does a cow say?" and little Billy said "Moo" and all the other Moms starting trying to proove that Jimmy could say "Baa" and so on.

Nonetheless, she says Moo, Meow (which is more like Mow), Ho, Ho, Ho (which is more like Oh, oh) Quack, Quack (which is more like Gack, Gack) and Baa (which actually does sound like Baa).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She actually said Papa 3 weeks ago, thank you.

Papa

Unknown said...

She actually said Papa 3 weeks ago, thank you.

Papa