Sunday, February 24, 2008

Confused....

These are pictures taken before we left to go watch the soccer team we are sponsoring. Normally, I would have put jeans on Carlysle to go with the "Lake Murray Pediatrics" t-shirt. However, she happened to be wearing just that the day before when we went to run errands and three people called her a little boy. Although they did say "handsome" little boy....it gets old having to correct people. So I went to Target that night and bought her a jean skirt.





I know what you're thinking....."Wow, she's definitely not going to be an athlete." Yes, I realize she seems very confused about her sports. But in her defense, her Daddy likes to take his golf club out in the backyard and use it to hit tennis balls to Riggs. It may seem lazy but........ok it's lazy.

I should probably add that this picture was not set up. We have a sports equipment closet of sorts and apparently the door was left open. Suddenly, she came walking into the den carrying these exact things and stood at the back door. I guess it was hint that Riggs needed some play time.....and so did she!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the exact same reason I've begun to plaster big bows onto Mary Clare's head, although, poor thing her hair is so thin! EVERYONE thinks she is a boy, pink blankets, pink clothes and all! Uggh, so frustrating! I do love the new jean skirt, however! She is a doll!
Kerri

Lee Wilkes said...

She's so precious!

Betsy Marchant said...

Love her new stylish skirt! She can forget the tennis balls and golf clubs and be a cheerleader like her mommy!

Bree said...

I love this!! You can buy a golf club that is specifically for this at Target. She is too cute.

Missy said...

Precious!! My girls were the same way. No matter how much pink they had on people called them boys because of the hair.