Sunday, February 17, 2008

Big Announcement!

Ok so I guess we're at the point where we can announce our big news (for those of you that don't know)....................No, I am not pregnant. Ha, ha. That never gets old!

The news is that Joey and his best friend Kyle are opening their own pediatric practice in Lexington!!! Joey has decided that academic medicine is just not for him and he really wants to venture into the private practice world. So Lake Murray Pediatrics will open, hopefully, by early summer. This also means......I will be going back to work but not full-time. Kyle's wife (Sara) and I are going to split the office manager position so we will each only work part-time (or so we've been told). This was all Joey and Kyle's idea but fortunately for them, we agreed to it. They really want the practice to have a family atomsphere and oddly enough they really want Sara and I involved in this as much as they are. I'm sure they also are hoping this means the financial part of the business will be well-protected by us. I'm sure hope they are right. :) So all the planning is in full swing. The building has been purchased, we have web-site, we are sponsoring a soccer team, we have shirts and we are falling in love with insurance companies!! Aghhh, what a pain. So please spread the word and check out our website at http://www.lakemurraypeds.com/. This is a temporary site and more information will be added.

Here are some pictures of our banner hanging at the soccer field. We were so excited to see our name displayed somewhere that we rode by and took pictures. Please keep us in your prayers as we enter this exciting and frightening adventure!!






4 comments:

Betsy Marchant said...

Congratulations!!! I wish I lived in Cola so I could use your practice. Maybe one day... :)

cmpennington said...

Wow, Les! I'm so happy for you! Let me know how that wife-working-for-husband thing goes! Mel has been dying for me to do the same, but I opted to go back to teaching part-time again in the fall! ;) What a wonderful and great adventure! Congrats!! Love, Kerri

Lee Wilkes said...

So exciting!! I am sure this will be a great venture! I too would love to make Lake Murrayn peds my practice!! Will definitely spread the word to my friends in Cola! Congrats! Lee

Betsy Marchant said...

PS. When I read "Big Announcement," I really did think you were going to say you were preggo!