Monday, February 11, 2008

Oh No Look Who's the Big 3-0

So Joey has been welcomed to the Big 3-0 Club. Although, not by me.....I've got two more years to be young. His actual birthday was on February 3 but his party wasn't until this past weekend. I originally planned it to be a surprise party but about half way through I got bored with whole surprise thing. I don't keep secrets well and it was getting old trying to keep so many things hidden. Plus, I needed his help planning it. :) So we had a small get together at Za's, where Joey and I first met, in the private dining room. We had a pizza buffet and yummy birthday cake. We had a great time and enjoyed spending time with our family and friends. The room we were in also had a huge fish tank and I basically brought Carlysle in the room and never saw her again. She planted her little face against that tank and pretty much stayed there saying......."Ish, Ish, Ish, Ish, Ish" over and over. That's fish for those of you that don't speak Carlysle. Happy Birthday Joey. Wait, I forgot how old he is, let me make sure he can read it........HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOEY!!!


Joey's Cake


This is Joey getting ready to blow out his birthday candles. You can't tell by the pictures but his face was turning red because he was really embarrassed that everyone was singing Happy Birthday!!


This is why Joey was embarrassed because we were all standing around staring at him.....oh and singing! Not quite as fun as an adult.



He needed help from Carlysle.

See, he doesn't even look 30.....wait is that a gray hair? Oh my gosh, I think I see some wrinkles too.



The bed pan he's going to need now. I promise I didn't give him that. That was a gift from Dr. Stallworth!

Carlysle and her Uncle David. Are they cute? Still not sure who was reading to who.


1 comments:

Betsy Marchant said...

Oh, you just wait missy, your 30th will come soon enough!

Did Joey sit on his bedpan by the end of the night? My husband was wearing a pair of Depends by the end of his 30th birthday party. (I've thought about posting the pictures on my blog) And I woke up feeling hungover even though I did not have a drink. Apparently, going to bed at 4 am has that effect.