Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Carlysle is going to be a big sister!

I think most of you already know our latest news....due to not-so-quiet family members and my own slip-ups!! We were pleasantly surprised with the news of baby #2! We had our first appt. last week and all is well. My due date is Sept. 16 although the baby measured two days smaller so the ultrasound tech changed my due date to Sept. 18.....what??!!! Carlysle always measured at least 4 days ahead and they refused to change my date. Joey just laughs at me and says "it's only 2 days". And clearly, he's never been pregnant! Every day counts!!

I have ultrasound pictures but haven't scanned them into the computer yet so those will come later. And I just want to add that I'm terrified of having two! So I will take any good stories that any of you want to share. Examples of things that will help are "oh it will be fine, transitioning to two is easier than one" or "they'll keep each other entertained". Please nothing like "I haven't showered in months" or "you will lock yourself in the closet daily". Because I'm actually scared I'll be doing that!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations Leslie! You are absolutely right about the two days counting thing (from another ex-pregnant lady's point of view). Two aren't so bad. They will probably provide a lot of entertainment for each other. And, remember at least you've got two arms!...one for each...or if that doesn't work a drink in each hand.

Betsy Marchant said...

Congrats again! I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl!

Missy said...

I'm so happy for you. I think all children should have siblings. Two is not that much harder than one it's the change from two to three that is killer because you are outnumbered. Carlysle will be big enough to want to help you when #2 arrives.

Misty and Adam said...

Wow Les!! That is so great!! Congratulations. I had no idea. I have no advice about the multiple children thing (since I am about to have #1) but I am sure it will be fine. You are a great mom and will be a wonderful mother of 2!!!

Jill said...

CONGRATUATIONS!!!! They will be about 2 years apart right? Two really isn't that bad. God knew exactly what he was going when he gave a me two, a boy and a girl... just right for me. Keep us updated on how things are going!!

Bree said...

That is wonderful news!!!! Congrats!