Thursday, February 19, 2009

Weekend in the Mountains

Joey surprised me with a trip to the mountains as part of my Christmas gift. He found an awesome cabin in Tennessee, had a baby-sitter all lined up (thanks Mimi) and he even made me an acronym out of wooden letters....that he painted. On Christmas morning he had a piece of paper and starting reading out words that "describe me" and he layed out the letters. And eventually they spelled out "Mountain Charm". This was the name of the cabin we were going to be staying in. It was incredibly sweet. I was really looking forward to our trip. Its been a while since we went away just the two of us and sometimes you forget how important it is to have that time. We had so much fun! We slept in, went out to eat and actually got to relax instead of rushing through our meal which you commonly do with a 2 year old, and we just walked around shopping and sight-seeing. It was wonderful! Thank you, Hubby for an awesome weekend. That was definitely the best Christmas gift.

Joey kept wanting to take my picture and I was ready to go!

Joey and I were being goofy in these pictures.....these were his idea and he totally made me do it.


This is me sitting on the hot tub.....somehow my picture kept getting snapped.

The view of the sunset from our cabin. Isn't it beautiful?

We had a hard time with the lighting.

Joey relaxing in the cabin.

I was being kind of silly and pretending to slide down the winding staircase.

The view from the porch of our cabin.

0 comments: