Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Chats with Carlysle

Ok, Kerri I'm totally stealing your idea and I really hope you don't mind. I love, love, love reading McCanless' quotes! It is definitely my favorite part of your blog and I always share them with Joey...who also really enjoys them. Since Carlysle has become quite the chatterbox and often surprises us with the things that come out of her mouth....I feel like I must write them down. I have been saying this for months but have yet to do it and have forgotten so many already. I love that you write these in your blog so you can look back at them (and it's great entertainment for the rest of us)! So if I can remember to do it, I'm going to try and record some chats with Carlysle.

Earlier she was playing with some adhesive foam letters that I had from a craft project. She knows the rules are that she can't take the backing off. Learned my lesson when there were tiny letters stuck all over the house. So as she pulled them out, I reminded her of the rules. This is the conversation that followed.
Carlysle: "This letter doesn't stick." The backing was still on.
Me: "No, it doesn't because the white part is still on the back.....like it should be."

2 minutes later
Carlysle: "Mommy, (whining) this letter is stuck to my hand."

Me: "That's because you took the white part off like I just asked you not to."
Carlysle: "Yeah, that's gonna happen."

What??!!

0 comments: