Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Impatience

So Carlysle has begun to show some very strong will and frankly......I'm frightened. Here is an example of a typical night at our house:

Joey had been doing yard work (ok that's not typical but he's on vacation) and was in the shower washing off the dirt so that he could take a bath with Carlysle (with swim trunks). As we were waiting for Joey, Carlysle spotted her baby tub on the floor of the bathroom with all of her delectable bath toys inside. She literally did a nose dive towards the tub, doing all sorts of acrobats to try and jump out of my arms. Also during this time she was pitching a "fit", which consists of her face turning really red while she grunts and then cries. As a new parent, I've learned that you cannot reason with a 9-month old. And yes, I did learn this only after I tried....with no response. So I said, "Fine, have at it", and I sat her in the tub....on the bathroom floor.....with her diaper on.....with no water. Joey peeked out of the shower and couldn't stop laughing. He said, "we've got to get a picture of that". She actually had a ball even without water.





0 comments: