Friday, June 08, 2007

Joey's Graduation Banquet

Ok, so it's my time to brag....and actually not on Carlysle but on her Daddy. I know technically this site is for Carlysle and Joey will kill me for doing this but that will not stop me. I am too proud of him to let this slip by unmentioned. This past friday night was Joey's Residency Graduation Banquet where outgoing residents are honored and awarded for their achievements. We had already been notified that Joey was one of three residents to be nominated for the Rick Davis Award. This award was presented as "the most prestigious" award given that night and given to the resident who exuded "academic and clinical excellence". Well, Joey won the award!!! The department chair, Dr. Taylor, actually pulled me aside before the banquet to tell me Joey would be receiving the "big award" so that I could have my camera ready. I was so glad that he gave me a heads up but dinner was miserable because I was sworn to secrecy. I could hardly look at Joey for fear of giving it away. But I made it through the meal and only told my Mom (sorry Dr. T) and I was ready with the camera when the time came.









Joey, I am so proud of you. I have watched you work long hours without sleep only to come home and read articles to try and learn more. I have watched you come home with heartache over patients that have truly touched you. I have watched you work extra hours on your only weekends off to earn money for our family so that I can stay home. I have watched (or heard about) you standing up to "higher-ranking" doctors because you knew someone wasn't getting the best care. I have watched you come home completely exhausted and still take the baby "to give me a break". Most importantly I have watched you become a devoted, attentive and caring father and physician. Carlysle and I are the luckiest girls in the world.

Congratulations on your well-deserved award! We love you!

1 comments:

Sara and Kyle said...

Congrats Joey - You deserved it!