Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"February Fury".....ok I had to do that because Joey and I always wait with nail-biting anticipation at the incredibly cheesy titles from the media.

Joey was moonlighting in Hartsville for the weekend of "February Fury" and we were pumped and ready to get there. It was great to be out at the farm (my parent's house) for the snow and my sister and her family are living there temporarily so the cousins would get to have a blast together. After dinner, we bundled up the crumb snatchers and headed out into the fury. Carlysle was a little apprehensive and not real sure what to do.....so she just stood in one spot and whined, afraid to take a step. So I grabbed her and said, "Let's Run"! She was wearing Little David's rain boots and couldn't run so I basically drug her through the snow. Once she recovered and put on shoes that fit.....she had a blast.



I love this picture of Carlysle and Grant trying to catch snowflakes on their tongues. How cute do they look?






The next morning we were all excited to see the snow was still there and we headed out to start our snowman. The next few pictures are of my parents house and the barns behind their house. These were taken by Big David.






SNOW ANGEL!!!!!






Riggs had a blast playing in the snow and finally getting some attention. Joey and I used to wrestle with Riggs all the time (before kids). He looks and sounds so mean but he learned how hard to bite and never really hurts. But seriously, wouldn't this make you run away? Intimidating.......he thinks he's a pit bull. Do we tell him he's supposed to be a gentle and loving breed that is best for a family with kids? Nah.....let him have his fun.




But look how quickly he obeys when I tell him to "sit".

Then Joey got in on the attack.

Big David, Little David and Grant. Preggers and "Baby X" stayed inside....we missed them.
I was so excited to make a snowman (more excited than the kids) so I immediately got to work.

My first attempt to roll the body of the snowman....it fell apart.
Try, try again

Seriously, that thing was heavy.


Tada! Our creepy snowman. I don't know what happen but instead of a jolly "Frosty the Snowman" he looked more like a snowman who might have been something back in the day but after getting into booze and drugs and many hard winters, he became a grouchy old cynic.
Easy Joey, he doesn't like people putting their arm around him.
Yeah! Callie came out to see the snow. She wasn't impressed but in her defense she doesn't know the difference in grass, dirt, snow so it's all the same to her.

1 comments:

Betsy Marchant said...

Oh Leslie...how I missed your wit. Please keep posting! We should get Riggs and Georgia together, I think they need some atttention (from eachother)

The picture of the girls with their tongues out looks like mini Leslie and mini Lauren.