Saturday, October 09, 2010

Carlysle's 4th Birthday

Carlysle turned 4 on October 9. Wow! That's hard to believe! For her party, we decided to have an outdoor movie party. Carlysle LOVES movies and every Friday at our house is movie night. I saw the idea to do a movie party outside in a magazine and knew it would be perfect. Another thing Carlysle LOVES is candy so I knew we would have to have mucho candy. One day I googled "candy buffet" and this gorgeous Martha Stewart candy buffet picture popped up on the screen. Carlysle was looking over my shoulder and her face lit up and she said "let's do that". Normally I would ignore this request but she rarely "requests" things. I usually come up with ideas whether it be party ideas, Christmas presents, room decor, etc. Then when I ask her opinion, I get "I don't know" or "can we talk about something else". So when she got excited about something I was also excited about.......SOLD. Game on.....let's do it.

And that's when I get in trouble........

My mind starts rolling and nothing (literally nothing) can stop it. Which isn't always a bad thing, well this is what I tell Joey when I come home with multiple glass containers for the "candy buffet". Blank stare......followed by......"candy buffet?". Yes, we're having a candy buffet. Isn't that going to be fun?......................Blank Stare.


So this was the candy buffet not quite all put together. We hung treat bags beside it and let the kids go at it...............And the parents LOVED me for that!








Our movie screen! Joey (with a little of my help) made this from canvas clothes, two 2x4s, some rope and tent stakes.

Our movie for the night was Charlie Brown's "It's the Great Pumpkin". The kids all really enjoyed it. And special thanks to Andy Ott for bringing his equipment and setting it all up.




Carlysle kept hiding her face because she gets super embarrassed when everybody is looking at her.

I also decided this year I really wanted to do a tiered cake for Carlysle. I found a girl in Lexington who does fondant cakes and she did a really awesome job on the candy cake. Her name is Jessica and the business is called "Cake it to the Limit".


Ok, I won't deny that clearly this party was for me.......
But I think Carlysle enjoyed it.




Carlysle and Grant deeply enthralled in the movie.


Carlysle and John Andrew were still watching the movie after everyone had left and gone home. I think they would have stayed there all night.....seriously.


Cute Cousins

0 comments: