Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yes, we are still alive.....

although barely. So, lately I have had several people ask me about our blog or lack thereof. The last couple of months have been exhausting...to say the least. Looking back, I'm sure we all expected to have stressful times but I think we underestimated just how many there would be. We decided to do much of the work inside the building ourselves, including the painting. Carlysle adjusted quite nicely to the weekly routine of feeding her fast food at the office (on the floor), going to bed in a pack and play (in a closet) only to be woken up usually around midnight or later, loaded in the car for a 30 minute ride home and then put to bed again. She never cried when we woke her up, rode home giggling and went right to sleep when we put her down...again. Now, when we pull into the parking lot she smiles and says "office" like she still likes the place!!! We are so blessed that she adapts so well. Some days I don't know how we got so lucky.

We did make it to the Grand Opening (with an unfinished building) but it was exciting nonetheless. I have several posts to add and now that things are starting to calm down, I will try to update the blog. :)

1 comments:

Betsy Marchant said...

I have been wondering where you have been!