Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Carlysle (Late....wait this post is actually on my birthday). Well I'm sure she is planning on writing something sweet about me soon.

Ok so I'm a little late! Her birthday was actually on the 9th but I forgot to write anything. I feel awful. So many of you have written such sweet things about your children on their birthday and I just let the day pass. In my defense, the week prior consisted of Joey having two car accidents....yes two! Two within two days of each other! No, not fender benders. He managed to total two cars. The first was his car and yes it was his fault because he ran a stop sign in Hartsville on a road he isn't familiar with and it was incredibly foggy. We are so thankful he is ok because it was a pretty bad accident with air bags deploying and all. However, his was the third accident that morning according to the police officer. Don was nice enough to let Joey borrow his car for a little while although that was short lived because two days later Joey was rear-ended on his way home from work (and yes the lady hit him so hard that both cars were totaled). The good news is he is doing well, just shaken up and very sore!

So about Carlysle.....I can't believe she is two! I want to write a few things about her at this age so I don't forget. I honestly feel like we just brought her home. I have no idea where the time has gone. She has been such a joy and makes us laugh every day. She can bring a smile to your face even on your worst day. It seems she is going to take after me because she is quite the chatterbox. Joey and I have been amazed at how well she is talking and how much she understands (which can be a good thing and a bad)! She repeats any and every word she hears, which means Mommy and Daddy have had to learn to filter....since she called something "stupid" the other day. And I'm certain she heard that from her Daddy. :)

She is already speaking in full sentences and I don't think a day goes by that someone doesn't stop us and comment on how well she speaks. This can be quite embarrassing because I never know what may come out of her mouth. For example, the other day in the grocery store she tried to stand up in the buggy. I quickly yet calmly reminded her that we sit on our bottom in the buggy. In response to me correcting her she decides to yell very loudly "STOP YELLING AT ME MOMMY"! Over and Over! Several people stopped to stare as I just smiled while gritting my teeth and giving her "the look".....which clearly doesn't have the same effect on her as it did on me when I was a kid!

She also still loves, loves, loves books and prefers them over toys and I honestly attribute her language skills to her love for books. The couple of toys that she does love is her baby doll and her dollhouse. She is quite the little mother. All day long she tells me that "baby needs _ _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank with milk, yogurt, nap, etc) and usually it's something that she actually wants. Just last week she took a trip to Greenville with Alysson and her Mom. They took Carlysle shopping for her birthday. Her favorite baby doll (Baby Frances) got left at Barnes and Noble. She told Alysson in the car that "baby was probably crying so much". We thought that was so sweet that she was worried about the baby being upset because she was left in the store. She is quite the ham and will do anything for a laugh. And once she gets a laugh at something, she will do it again and again. She full of sass....which I think is payback....sorry Mom. But at the same time she is doing really well with her manners. She almost always says "please" when asking for something and she always says "thank choo, Mommy" when I give her something. On most days she does great with "ma'am and sir". Although, it's hard not to laugh when she is being defiant and telling me NO she doesn't want to do something but instead of just "NO" she says "No Ma'am".

A few more things that she says and I'll be done. She has gotten in the habit of adding random words at the end of sentences. It's hilarious because she doesn't really know what they mean but she's heard us say them. The most common are "quick, probably, over here, I think, so much and little bit". So this is how many of her sentences go....."I need yogurt, Mommy, I think." or "The baby needs to take a nap, quick." or "I need to go get blanket, over here". You have to hear in the inflection in her voice to get the full effect. I crack up everytime. She is a little comedian!

So....all that to say, Happy Birthday Carlysle!! Mommy and Daddy love you so much! Birthday party pictures to come soon!

1 comments:

Betsy Marchant said...

Happy Birthday to Carlysle and Leslie!

Les- I loved reading about what she's up to. I would love to hear her talk on video!!! Please start posting more so we can keep up!

And remind me to never get in a car with Joey.