Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Carlysle's Birthday Party

This year for Carlysle's birthday I decided to have a bug-themed party. She is fascinated with bugs and I thought it was a good gender neutral theme that little boys and girls would enjoy. Her party was held at a local park under their picnic shelter. I found plastic bug catchers at the dollar store and used scrapbook stickers to put each child's name on their catchers. I bought a ton of plastics bugs and basically just tossed them on the ground around one area of the shelter. After all the kids got there we had a "bug hunt" and the kids got to take home the plastics bugs that they "caught". They seemed to have a lot of fun. I figured 2 year olds weren't going to be interested in participating in any structured games or activities but they love to "find" things. It was kind of a cold and rainy day but we still had a great time. Joey and I both brought our cameras for the first time ever......and they both had dead batteries. Oh well we tried!! So these pictures are courtesy of Aunt Frances.....thank you Frances!

I want to say a quick thank you to my friend, Carrie, for helping me set up for the party. Also, to Alysson for getting Carlysle dressed and to the party! Thanks guys, you're awesome!

These were her invitations....although this is not the best picture since I scanned it in.

Carlysle and Grandy (Joey's Dad)




The Bug Hunt


Aunt Courtney and John Andrew






Uncle David (Joey's brother), Aunt Sarah (Joey's sister), baby Max and Joey.




This was attempt to get a picture of all the kids.....although we only got 5 of them. This is John Andrew, Charlee, Campbell, Carlysle and Reece.

Mimi feeding gummy worms to the kids!

0 comments: