Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Tonight we took Carlysle to Lake Murray Baptist Church's Fall Festival. What a wonderful idea! They had pony rides, hay rides, little train rides, bouncy houses, and games. It was definitely a better alternative to the "knock on stranger's door, ask stranger for candy, take candy from stranger" Halloween tradition (which is clearly the opposite of what we teach our kids at all other times of the year). We had a great time watching our little bug play (or cling to my legs in horror).

I would just like to clear up my previous statement about Halloween by saying I really have nothing against "Trick or Treating". In fact, when Carlysle is old enough to go I will be the Mom waiting anxiously at the end of that "stranger's" driveway to see what loot she picked up. I will also be the one digging through her bag and looking at the individual packs of dried fruit saying, "What is this trash? What, she didn't have any Snickers or Reeses? Well go back and give her the smile we practiced this afternoon."

Ahhh.....I can't wait.





















2 comments:

Jill said...

AWWW...Thats that cutest lady bug I have seen in a long time... well in about 2 years anyway, since Lacie was a lady bug one year! She really is adorable!!

cmpennington said...

I love it! McCanless was a bumble bee on her first Halloween @ 9 months. I miss those cute chubby costumes. This year she was a belly dancing Jasmine Disney princess with make-up and all! Savor those bug costumes as long as you can!!!!!! Love, Kerri